Monday, February 4, 2013

Now I know what it feels like to be in shock

After 19 years with the same company, I am now officially unemployed. Our little department of 5 was laid off this morning. With so many management changes, we knew that it could happen. Very well might happen. But it's still a shock when it does happen. Now I know what it feels like to be in shock. Disorienting. Surreal. Almost dizzying.Heading home, I didn't recognized a familiar interstection for a minute. Even though I was bored at times and the work could be tedious, you get comfortable and used to the routine. Fortunately, I have my little business. Hopefully, I can grow it into something sustaining. We'll see. For now, I need to regroup, clean out my studio and think about what I want to make first. But first, I may just sit in the sun for a few minutes and try to comes to terms with starting a new chapter of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment